Sustainable Heating Systems For You
Underfloor heating is the most efficient mode of heat delivery. It is designed to give comfort at temperatures lower than those used in radiator and convector systems because people and objects are warmed directly through the floor (floor surface temperatures are generally designed to remain at or below 29°C). Temperatures can be precisely controlled on a room-by-room basis. In addition, because there are few moving parts, the only items that will ever need service are simple and inexpensive to repair or replace.
Radiation is responsible for a significant proportion of the “thermal comfort”. Underfloor heating produces radiant heat that makes you feel comfortably warm. The produced heat is divided into 50% radiation and 50% convection and this leads to better comfort.
Convector and forced air heating systems rely on air circulation for effect. The Underfloor Heating System, meanwhile, allows for natural air movement. Thus, dust and other airborne particles such as pollen are not spread so quickly through the home, making the house a healthier and cleaner place to live in.
Meanwhile there are no radiators to gather dirt or cause injury, from scalding for example, and because the Underfloor Heating System runs quietly there are no irritating or disturbing background noises.
Furthermore, because the floor surface is warm, cleaning and drying is made quick and easy, quick-drying floors being of particular benefit in bathrooms and hallways.
Single Serpentine Run
Single serpentine run is easy to install and gives a more even distribution of heat over the floor surface. Temperature variations within small areas are kept to a minimum.
The main advantage of this configuration is that it adapts to all kinds of floor structures. It can also be easily modified for different energy requirements by altering the pipe pitch.
Single run is suitable for most underfloor heating installations in residential systems. In view of the relatively narrow bend radii, the use of a very flexible pipe, such as Wirsbo-PEX, and hewing is recommended
In 1968, German inventor Dr. Thomas Engel developed the method to chemically crosslink polyethylene, and in 1972, Wirsbo (now Uponor) introduced Engel-method PEX (called PEX-a) to the European market. Today, more than 17 billion feet of PEX is installed worldwide for heating, cooling, plumbing and fire safety systems.
(PEX-a) Uponor manufactures Engel method PEX-a tubing. The PEX tubing industry considers this tubing superior because the crosslinking is done during the manufacturing process when polyethylene is in its amorphic state (above the crystalline melting point). Because of this, the degree of crosslinking reaches around 85%, resulting in a more uniform product with no weak links in the molecular chain and more durable, flexible and damage-resistant pipe with faster, stronger expansion connections that hold tight.
Why Under Floor Heating?
- Comfort (Toasty warm feet! You can walk around barefoot all year long, making stepping out of the bath or shower heavenly!
- Efficiency Underfloor heating is the most efficient mode of heat delivery. Floor surface temperatures are generally designed to remain at or below 29°C.
- Flexibility It adapts to practically all kinds of flooring (With special precautions).It is easy to install and adaptable to a variety of energy sources: Heat pump, Gas, Oil, Electricity and Geothermal.
- Environment Friendly It allows for natural air movement. Thus, dust and other airborne particles such as pollen are not spread so quickly through the home, making the house a healthier and cleaner place to live in.
- Interior Design Freedom Underfloor Heating System is ideal for advanced interior design. It’s hidden – so it doesn’t spoil your décor or take up space with bulky radiators.
- Multiple Control Options Multiple water and room temperature control options can be used. This reduces the amount of energy needed and leads to better efficiency.
UPONOR WIRSBO-PEX is made from a plastic raw material, High density polyethylene, which has a high molecular weight.
Thanks to the cross-linking, UPONOR WIRSBO -PEX is extraordinarily strong and can withstand temperatures ranging from -100 c to +110 c.
UPONOR WIRSBO has produced enough PEX pipes since1972 to go around the world about 50 times. Nearly all of it is still in service somewhere in the world, in plumbing, underfloor heating systems, behind washing machines, in hospitals and in countless other applications.
Why UPONOR WIRSBO?
- In 1972, UPONOR WIRSBO was the first to start manufacturing the unique and innovative PE-Xa pipe for heating and plumbing applications worldwide.
- Over 49 years of successful service and installations, UPONOR PE-Xa has the longest record of proven performance in the industry.
- Over 80 approvals and certificates worldwide.
- UPONOR uses a special pipe for each application; underfloor heating and other heating applications, tap water applications… etc.
- UPONOR is the only company that manufactures 5-layersPE-Xa pipe specially made for underfloor heating, with EVOH oxygen diffusion barrier and extra protective layer.